- We have handled personal and commercial property claims along the Gulf Coast and have worked every major hurricane since 1995.
- We have worked as a Regional Claim Manager and Claim Manager for non-standard automobile carriers.
- We have been appointed as a Party in Interest to several USCG investigations and we have represented self-insured employers and insurance carriers in mediations and Informal Conferences with the US Department of Labor.
- Jeffery was nominated in 2017 for the USCG National Boating Safety Advisory Council, and the USCG Navigational Safety Advisory Council for an at large seat.
- In 2014 we investigated and was appointed a Party in Interest in the capsize and sinking of the F/V Christopher’s Joy which resulted in the loss of the vessel and two fatalities. We worked with investigators from USGC and NTSB. This loss is included in NTSB - Safer Seas Digest 2015 and can been seen at this link. http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Reports/SPC1601.pdf].
- We investigated the July 2014 explosion at a south Mississippi fish oil plant that resulted in one fatality.
- In April 2015 we were appointed to investigate a large maritime incident on Mobile Bay in Mobile, Alabama. A weather system struck a local sailing regatta and resulted in 40 people overboard, 10 vessels that sank and six fatalities. We were appointed as a Party in Interest and completed ourinvestigation alongside USCG investigators.
- In June 2015 we were asked to investigate the grounding of a passenger ferry, M/V Sundance Queen, which became grounded on a reef on the north side of Tortola, BVI and resulted in significant hull damage and 49 injured passengers.
- In 2016 we were asked to investigate an incident where the M/V Captain John G was struck by the wake of a passing oil tanker near Mobile, AL and suffered damage to the propellers and rudders. A subrogation claim against the owners of the tanker was successful.
- 2017 we investigated and handled the total fire hull loss of the M/V J W HERRON, total loss payout exceeded $1M.
- We investigated the sinking of the F/V CAPT EDDIE which sank off the west coast of Florida resulting in the loss of the vessel and one crewman.
- 2018 handled Hull & Machinery loss for M/V DAKOTA, engine failure with total payout in excess of $350,000.00.
- February 2018 investigated and handled claim where F/V CAPTAIN ANTHONY PUKY TRAHAN struck an unattended and unlighted dredge line resulting in partial sinking of the vessel and injury to the Master.
- We performed over 40 recreational and commercial vessel hull surveys following Hurricane Michael which struck Panama City, Florida in October 2018.
- February 2020 we investigated an allision involving a crane barge which broke loose from it’s mooring and struck the Dauphin Island, Alabama bridge.